Saturday, May 5, 2012
The most cost effective way to shop at Walgreens is to roll Register Rewards - spend Register Rewards on products that trigger more. If you budget $5 per week, you will save a ton of money.
Check out at the Cosmetic Counter. Multiple transaction always go smoother at a less busy register.
If you are following my Walgreens $5 Scenario's you have a $1 Kraft Register Reward to start this week's shopping.
Check out all the Walgreens Deals - Week of 5/06/12.
NOTE: Word is, some store are now limiting the number of sale items you can purchase and the number of transactions allowed. Check with the staff at your store before you shop.
(1) T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel $4.00
$1 Kraft Register Reward from last week - $1.00
= $3.00 + tax and get $4 Dickinson's Brand Register Reward
(1) Lanacane Maximum Strength Anti-Itch Cream $5.00
$4 Register Reward from previous transaction - $4.00
+ $1.00 + tax and get a $5 Reckitt Benckiser Register Reward
(1) Finish Powerball Tabs or Gelpacs $3.49
(1) Yardley Shower Gel or Cleansing Bar $1.99
(1) Hunt's Tomato Sauce $0.99 (needed as filler to use RR)
(1) Finish Coupon (4/22/12 SS) - $0.75
(1) Yardley Coupon (5/06/12 SS) - $1.00
Walgreens In-Ad coupon for Hunt's Tomato Sauce -$0.65
$5 Register Reward from previous transaction -$5.00
= $0.93 + tax and get a $1.50 Reckitt Benckiser Register Reward
(1) T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
(1) Lanacane Anti-Itch Cream
(1) Finish Dishwashing Detergent
(1) Yardley Shower Gel or Soap
(1) Hunt's Tomato Sauce
Retail price before sales & coupons: $22.55
Total spent: $4.93 for a 78% savings
And a $1.50 Reckitt Benckiser Register Reward to start next week's shopping
If you didn't start with the $1 Register Reward, you will spend $5.93 for this scenario - a 73% savings.
This post may contain affiliate links. By using them you support this site. Thank you!
For more information, please read my disclosure policy.